<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, March 24, 2004

This one will resonate...but how loudly?

I'm currently enthralled by Richard Clarke's testimony before the 9/11 Commission. Not long ago, he dropped what will have to be the biggest headline of this proceeding if things continue on the road they're on. After being unnecessarily criticized for promoting his book and an alleged difference between his past testimony and the current tenor of his comments, he fired back in the most elegantly subdued way that "the President has greatly undermined the War on Terrorism." And then he let silence echo for a few seconds. Wow. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but that was a devastating moment in recent American history. When I get back to blogging in the morning, I expect I'll have much more to say about both Clarke's presentation and the media reaction. And I will most assuredly not be alone on that platform.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?