<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, January 16, 2004

Polarity Shift

In a matter of days, the whole race as broadcast from Iowa has flipped 180 degrees. Dean and Gephardt may be tumbling, Kerry and Edwards may be surging. Idiotic press filings still fill the ether, but you have to be tonedeaf to not sense a monstrous change in the whole deal. My only prediction for the weekend is complete upheaval. Cats and dogs sleeping together. Fistfights in schoolyards and on frontporches. Cynical Bush supporters are, I expect, all aflutter with thoughts of Democrats infighting to the point of actual damage. But I take a different view. This puppy just got real. For all the griping about Iowa and New Hampshire's inordinately large effect on the overall Race, where else would Americans be able to focus their glare to understand just who's asking for votes in the months ahead? I'm not in Iowa and I'm heading to the polar opposite locale this weekend (NYC) for a wedding. Yet I know all I'll talk about with people from every walk of life will be just how crazy this whole process has become. Crazy good - just so you know.



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?